Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 6 months. Percentage Rates vary between 5% per month and 38% p.a. Total interest and fee repayments vary over the life of the loan. All rates quoted are 30 days. For more information regarding fees, visit or contact the provider.
Learn About Absa Short Term Loans in South Africa
Absa Group is a well-established bank and lender in South Africa. As such, if you need a trustworthy way to get quick access to cash, Absa short term loans can be the perfect solution for you. There are two main types of Absa personal short term loans:
- Absa instant loan
- Absa express loan
The Absa online loan application process is simple and straightforward. Alternatively, you can visit any branch or ATM. With Absa short term credit, you can get emergency money in your bank account to pay for any urgent need.
What do you need to qualify for Absa Short Term Loans?
- South African ID book or card;
- a good credit record;
- you should be 18 years and above; and
- you should have an active Absa bank account where you put your salary/income.
How do you apply for Absa Short Term Loans?
You can apply for an Absa short term loan in the following ways:
- Apply online – Use the calculator on this page to calculate your repayments. Click the “Go To Site” button, which will take you to Absa’s secure website.
- Apply at any Absa ATM – Visit any ATM and follow the instructions on the screen to get your Absa ATM loan.
- Visit an Absa branch nearest to you – Their consultants will take you through every step of the application process when you visit their offices.
What types of Absa short term personal loans are available?
As long as you have a minimum salary of R250, you can get an Absa quick cash loan that ranges from R250 – R8000. Since you are borrowing a low amount of money, the money is to be paid back within 35 days. In addition, you also get charged an initiation fee of 10% excluding VAT to receive the money.
This is a short-term unsecured loan that offers more money. It involves fixed repayment terms of 2 months minimum and 6 months maximum. Also, if you can prove that you have a regular monthly income or salary of R1500, you can get an amount that ranges from R1 500 – R8 000.
If you take more than one credit in the same calendar year, the first one is charged at 5% interest and the next ones after that is 3% interest. Secondly, there are also service fees and initiation fees.
What happens if I can’t pay back my short term loan?
If you don’t pay back the Absa loan, your credit score will suffer. Besides dealing with debt collectors, you may end up with other additional charges and fees. However, in the event of death, disability, illness, or retrenchment, the institution also offers Credit Protection plans.
Why should I choose Absa for short term loans?
- Absa is a registered credit provider with the National Credit Regulator.
- You can borrow without paperwork or waiting in queues.
- You can get quick access to cash by applying in the comfort of your own home.
- The bank gives you access to quick cash loans any time of the day, anywhere.
- Because of the variety of short-term loan options for low-income earners.
Absa fast cash access
Popular payday loan searches