Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
What type of loan are you looking for?
Personal loans in Cape Town – South Africa
If you’re a resident of Cape Town, learn about the personal loan options available in your city and how to choose the most flexible cash offer for your personal needs.
Where can you find the best personal loans in Cape Town?
At CompareLoans, we have several registered credit providers featured in the comparison tables above. You can also browse this list of popular and trusted South African personal loan lenders.
How do personal loans work if you’re in Cape Town?
Here are simple answers to your questions about how personal loans work for Cape Town borrowers:
- How much can you borrow? – Typically, between R2000 and R3000. Loan amount depends on your income level and your monthly budget.
- How long do you take to pay back? – Loan terms can range from 12 to 72 months or 84 months.
- What can you use the money for? – You’re free to use the cash advance for anything, including for debt consolidation, holidays, and car repairs.
- What’s the interest rate? – You get a personalised interest rate that depends on whether you have bad credit, average credit, good credit, or excellent credit.
What are the types of personal loans available in Cape Town?
How to choose the best personal loan in Cape Town
While comparing our featured lenders in the comparison tables above, use the following factors to compare loans:
- Interest rate. Find the lender with the lowest base rate.
- Loan fees and charges. Standard fees to watch out for are initiation fees, monthly service fees, early payment fees and late payment fees.
- Loan repayment terms. Use our loan calculator for Cape Town personal loans to find an affordable monthly payment. Start by adjusting the sliders to enter your loan amount and term, then click calculate.
What you need to apply – General requirements
- Be 18 years or older;
- Valid South African ID;
- South African bank account;
- Payslips and bank statements; and
- Proof of residence.
Applying for online personal loans in Cape Town
To apply for a personal loan online in Cape Town, pick the lender you want from our comparison tables above and then click “Go to Site.” Once you have been directed to the lender’s website, follow the instructions to complete your online loan application.
Important question – Are there blacklisted personal loans in Cape Town?
Some South African lenders offer loans for blacklisted as well as bad credit personal loans to Cape Town borrowers. You can also look for payday loans in Cape Town if your credit score is low. However, these loans usually have high interest rates.
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders