Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
About Nedbank personal loans
Are you looking for a personal loan from a place you can trust and which gives you peace of mind? Then Nedbank is a good option among popular South African lenders.
This bank understands that sometimes you need a little financial help to move forward. In addition, the beauty of personal loans is you can use them for any purpose. Whether you want to renovate your home, pay for an emergency, or take a holiday, Nedbank has got you covered.
How does the Nedbank personal loan calculator work?
Follow the simple steps outlined below and start using the Nedbank personal loans calculator to make smart and informed decisions before your application. To better compare your options, here’s how to calculate the amount you will have to pay each month after borrowing:
- To use our repayment calculator to find your monthly repayments, you’ll have to first enter the amount using the correct sliding tool.
- Next, enter the term using the second sliding tool. The term is the number of months you need to pay back the money you borrow.
- Click “Calculate Repayment.” Our repayment calculator will instantly tell you how much your monthly repayments will be overall.
- You can use this free calculator as many times as you like to find a credit you can afford and which is the cheapest for you. You can do this by entering different amounts and terms to find the best monthly repayment option.
Which documents are needed to apply for a Nedbank personal loan?
- a valid South African ID with barcode or a smart ID card;
- a most recent payslip showing your salary for one month. Alternatively, you can submit a letter of employment if you’re a contract worker;
- a bank statement with a correct stamp showing your account activity for the last three months. (if you have a Nedbank, ABSA, or Standard bank account, this can be done for you); and
- proof of residence e.g. a water or electricity bill from your local council. The proof of residence should not be older than 3 months.
What other Nedbank personal loan requirements are there?
Besides the documents mentioned above, the following requirements also apply:
- you should be employed as a permanent or fixed-contract worker. Self-employed individuals also qualify;
- your salary or income should be R3 500 and above. Furthermore, this income should be paid electronically into your account;
- you should be at least 18 years old; and
- a good credit score.
How much money can I get from a Nedbank personal loan?
Minimum amount you can apply for: R2000
Maximum amount you can apply for: R300 000
What are the interest rates?
In South Africa, the maximum interest rate you have to pay for your loan is 27.5%. However, the interest rate can also go as low as 10%. This is because interest rates rarely stay the same because of changing market conditions. Therefore, any interest rates provided are always an estimate.
They give you a general idea so you can budget accordingly. Also, your interest rate depends on how much money you borrow and how long you need to pay back the loan, plus other factors.
What other costs are involved when taking out a Nedbank personal loan?
Besides interest, there are also extra fees associated with a Nedbank loan. There’s an initial administration fee as well as a monthly administration fee. If you want to know how the total cost of a Nedbank loan is calculated here’s an example:
- Loan amount: R50 000
- Loan term: 60 months (5 years)
- Initiation fee: R1 207.50
- Monthly admin fee: R69
- Maximum interest rate: 24.75%
- Maximum APR rate: 29.3%
- Total cost of the loan: R95 842
In this case, the APR (Annual Percentage Rate) includes interest plus all other costs associated with taking out the loan.
How do I apply for a Nedbank personal loan online?
Applying for a loan should not make you worry. This is why the Nedbank personal loan application is easy and fast. Follow the simple step-by-step process to get money in your bank account as soon as you need it.
- Use our Nedbank calculator to decide the best monthly repayment option for you
- Click on “Go to Site” to visit the website and begin the Nedbank online loan application.
- On their website, first click on Apply. Secondly, choose the Borrow option. Thirdly, click on the Personal loan option. Lastly, click on Start Application.
- Next, log in to your account with your Nedbank ID (username and password). If you don’t have one, you can register a new account within minutes.
- Finish the application process by supplying and submitting the required information.
- Once the loan is approved, the money is deposited directly into your bank account.
How do I pay back my Nedbank loan?
When you apply for your loan, you can choose any loan term that is between 6 and 72 months. The loan amount and loan term determine how much you’ll pay back each month.
For example, when you choose R20 000 (loan amount) and 36 months (loan term), our Nedbank personal loan calculator shows that the estimated monthly instalment is R754.05. Nedbank will automatically deduct this money from your account every month.
What if I fail to pay back my loan?
Certain unforeseen circumstances can stop one from paying off a loan. To safeguard against this, Nedbank makes it compulsory to also take out a personal loan protection plan. This insurance will help pay off your loan in the event of death, disability, or retrenchment. You can take out the insurance from Nedbank or any other insurance as long as it fulfills the requirements from Nedbank.
If you fail to repay your debt for other reasons not covered by the loan, your account will be taken to debt collectors. This can negatively affect your credit score, and you may face legal action.
Benefits of Nedbank loans
- You get the best possible interest rate to make your loan more affordable.
- Easy and convenient online application process.
- Once the loan is approved, you’ll receive money in your bank account in the quickest time possible (usually a few hours).
- Flexible repayment terms.
- Monthly instalments are debited from your account.
- Nedbank offers authorised financial services and is a registered credit provider in terms of the National Credit Act.
Nedbank loans FAQs
What other types of Nedbank loans can I get?
Nedbank also offers vehicle loans, home loans, student loans, overdrafts, and credit cards.
Can I use a Nedbank personal loan for debt consolidation?
Yes, you can use the personal loan to pay off your debts, which leaves you with a single debt. Find out more about debt consolidation
Can I get a Nedbank loan if I’m unemployed?
Unfortunately, a Nedbank personal loan application requires you to be either employed or self-employed. You should also be earning a minimum of R3500 per month.
Nedbank instant money solutions
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders