FNB vehicle finance calculator for your monthly repayments
When applying for vehicle finance with FNB in South Africa, there are a few steps to go through. Shopping for a car is always the exciting part, but before you start visiting dealerships, it is best to make a few calculations before finalising any transactions. To help you make the right calculations, CompareLoans provides a fast and easy-to-use FNB vehicle finance calculator.
In short, the calculator enables you to calculate your monthly repayments, which offers many advantages that will be outlined in this article.
Finally, First National Bank – a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, is an authorised financial services provider operating under the National Credit Act.
A screenshot of how FNB vehicle finance works
What are the vehicle loan options? – There are 3 options available: FNB dealership finance, FNB private vehicle finance, and FNB leisure vehicle finance.
How much can you borrow? – Between R30 000 and R250 000.
For how long can you borrow? – FNB loan terms range from 12 to 60 months.
What type of car can you buy? – Any new or used vehicle that is not older than 20 years (except for vintages). Vehicle types include cars, vans, bakkies, motorbikes, boats, and caravans.
Does it include insurance? – Each vehicle finance option includes several insurance products to protect from unforeseen circumstances.
How to use the FNB car finance calculator
The FNB car loan calculator answers the question, “How much do I have to pay back every month after getting the car loan?” Whether you’re buying a new or used car, you can use the calculator to find the estimated monthly repayments for your loan. Read through the following guidelines and try it to see how it can help you choose the best loan option:
- How much do you want to borrow?: Here, enter the loan amount you want by using the first sliding tool.
- For how long?: Next, choose the loan term you want by using the second sliding tool.
- Calculate: Click “Calculate Repayment.” You will be able to see the result immediately.
- Try the process as often as you like: If you think the monthly payment result you got from the calculator is not right for you, repeat the process. Adjust, the loan amount or loan term, or both to get a result that suits you.
Please note: The information supplied on this site is subject to confirmation, and all rates quoted are guidelines only.
How can the result from the FNB motor vehicle finance calculator help you?
The FNB auto loan calculator displays results for all three options on offer. You can view the results in the comparison tables above. In addition to the estimated monthly instalment, the comparison tables will also show the interest rate and fees, which are included in the payment. Once you know the monthly cost of paying back the loan, it is easy to calculate the total costs and to see if the loan option is affordable for you. If it’s not, you can keep using the calculator by choosing different values.
Will the FNB repayment calculator help with your vehicle finance application?
Using the FNB car loan calculator can help you directly or indirectly as you go through the following stages of the application process:
- Budget for your ride – You can use the loan calculator to decide which budget for your auto gives you the best monthly repayment amount.
- Calculate monthly repayments – The loan calculator will help you see if your monthly income can cover the instalments for the loan you want to take out.
- Find the right car – Now, that you have a budget that works for you, it’s easy to shop for a new set of wheels since you already know the price tag you’re looking for.
- Apply for finance – Next, make your application with FNB. Because you have used the loan calculator to choose an option that matches your budget and income, there is a high chance that your application will be approved, especially if you meet all the requirements.
- Collect your car and start driving – Make affordable repayments as predicted by the loan calculator for the amount and term you selected. When you choose the right repayment option as shown by the calculator, you can make all payments on time, after which you can take full ownership of the car.
What is included in your monthly repayments?
The calculator gives you an estimated monthly payment which also includes the following:
- Principal amount – This is the initial amount that you borrowed.
- Interest payments – This is what the bank charges you for borrowing money.
- Other fees – These include the monthly service fee and the initiation fee.
- Insurance – This fee covers the financial protection you’ll receive in the event that you’re unable to make the required payments or if the ride is damaged or lost.
What are the other advantages of using the FNB car loan calculator?
- You can use it to estimate the total costs involved over the life of your loan;
- It can be adjusted endlessly to give you different results so you can make comparisons;
- You can identify the right loan option for you in just a few minutes;
- By choosing a loan option that is right for your income, you avoid going out of budget, which can lead to missed payments and a lower credit score.
After using the FNB vehicle finance calculator, what next?
Once you have used the results from the FNB car finance calculator to find the right car, you can begin the online application process right here on this page. It’s easy – simply click the correct “Go to Site” button in the comparison tables above to visit the FNB website.
What else do you need before making an FNB online credit application?
General requirements for FNB vehicle finance include:
- Minimum age 18 years;
- Valid South African licence and ID;
- Payslips and bank statements; and
- Proof of residence.
About FNB car repair loans
Popular vehicle finance searches