Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
What type of loan are you looking for?
About Capitec personal loans in South Africa
Chances are, you’re already familiar with Capitec. This bank has built a big, trusted brand for itself, and most South Africans feel comfortable and safe when making a Capitec personal loan application. Among other things, the Capitec personal loan interest rate is very competitive, and you can easily access any amount you need via the Capitec online platform. That’s not all. Explore this article to find out more relevant information about getting a flexible personal loan from this lender.
How it works with Capitec Personal loans
- You get unsecured personal loans that require no security or collateral.
- Capitec offers personalised interest rates that match your ability to repay and your personal credit risk report. The interest rates for Capitec personal loans start from 12.9%.
- You get a flexible loan amount that can cover a wide range of financial needs. The loan amount you get approved for depends on your credit risk and what you need to use the money for. When you wish to make a large purchase, you can get a loan of up to R250,000.
- Capitec’s mobile and internet banking services offer simplicity and convenience. You can bank at any time – on the road or in the comfort of your home.
- Furthermore, since Capitec loan applications can be made online, you can get approved in a few minutes if you qualify, which makes the process quick and time-saving.
How much do Capitec loans cost?
Some costs associated with Capitec loans include the following:
- Interests at 12.9 – 24.5%
- Credit life insurance: You can pay R4.00-R4.50 for every R1000
- Once off initiation fee: R1207.50 for a R25,000 loan
- Monthly service fee: R69.00 for a R25,000 loan
- Monthly repayments are fixed and depend on the loan amount and term
What type of Capitec personal loans are available?
Capitec personal loans are designed to suit a range of different purposes. There are two main types of personal loans you can get from Capitec:
- Personal loan. You can borrow a maximum of R250,000 that gets repaid over a period of up to 84 months. You can also choose to make repayments for the loan at an earlier date if you can afford it. To protect yourself, you can also add insurance to the loan so that you are covered in the event of retrenchment or death.
- Car loans. You can also get unsecured loans to finance your car purchase.
Both these loans come with their own fees and charges. Usually, a monthly service fee and an initiation fee are included when your loan is approved. Also, reading the terms and conditions for Capitec personal loans can help you fully understand your debt’s total cost.
What are Capitec personal loan requirements?
- You must have reached the legal age of 18.
- You must be a South African resident with a valid, government-issued ID.
- Your income should be regular and above a certain amount to ensure you can afford to repay the loan.
- You should have a good credit rating. Capitec performs a credit check to see if you have a good credit score before they approve your application. If you find yourself blacklisted or having a bad credit score, your application may not be successful.
What documents are required for a Capitec loan application?
- Your government-issued South African ID document or card
- Proof of income and your latest three months’ bank statements. You can also provide your payslips.
- Proof of residence; evidence of where you stay in the form of the latest utility bills or lease agreement.
- Depending on the loan amount, Capitec might also require you to declare your regular expenses, assets, and liabilities as proof that you’re able to pay back the loan.
Capitec personal loan online application
There are several ways to make a Capitec personal loan application. For example, you can visit the nearest Capitec branch or make a phone call. However, the most convenient way is to apply online. Capitec offers an easy to use online application platform on their website. Once you confirm the qualification requirements, you can select Capitec from the list of loan providers featured on the comparison tables above.
Use the calculator on this page to calculate the monthly repayments on your loan and then click the “Go to Site” button to switch to the lender’s website and proceed with the application. Next, you will have to upload the required documents from your device. You also have to select your preferred loan amount and term, and then click submit.
Compareloans.co.za has created a useful Capitec loan calculator that helps you with your monthly repayments. We recommend that you try it before proceeding with the application.
How does Capitec evaluate your loan offer?
When you submit a Capitec personal loan application, the bank considers several factors when evaluating whether to approve you or not. These factors include:
- Your credit score and banking history;
- Your income and expenses; and
- The stability of your income.
Advantages of Capitec personal loans
- You can get access to R250 000 when you need it. Capitec offers flexible loan amounts that suit your needs. However, the amount depends on your credit profile and whether you have provided enough evidence of your ability to repay the loan.
- Capitec personal loans come with credit insurance to cover you in the case of retrenchment, sickness, disability, or death.
- The fixed monthly repayment amounts help you budget ahead of time.
- They have flexible payment terms that make paying for the loan affordable.
- You get the best offer depending on your credit score. This means that you will not get a loan that will be difficult for you to pay back.
Disadvantages of Capitec personal loans
- You might not be approved for a Capitec personal loan if you have bad credit or are blacklisted.
Capitec Access Facility – Revolving Credit
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders