Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Car finance in Pretoria – Drive your dream car
Learn about car finance in Pretoria through this quick guide and get the right loan for your new or used vehicle.
Where can you find the best car loans in Pretoria?
If you’re looking for the best place to find car loans in Pretoria, simplify your search by going through our comparison tables above. Also, check out our list of top car finance lenders in South Africa.
An overview of car finance features in Pretoria
- Loan amounts. You can borrow R10 000 up to R300 000 depending on income level.
- Loan terms. Pay off your loan over 12 months up to 72 months or 84 months depending on the lender.
- Interest rates. Rates can be fixed or variable. However, low-interest vehicle finance is generally available to borrowers with a good credit score.
- Loan charges and fees. Typically, you can expect to pay an initiation fee and a monthly service fee. Late payment and early payment fees can also be added.
- Monthly payments. The calculator on this page is a tool that helps you find an affordable monthly payment for your car. Simply adjust the sliders to input the loan amount and term. Next, click calculate.
- Deposit and balloon payments. Some lenders expect a deposit, usually of up to 20%. A balloon payment is a lump sum that is sometimes paid after your loan contract expires.
- Secured vs unsecured. With a secured loan, the lender can claim the car if you miss repayments. On the other hand, there’s no risk of losing the vehicle if you choose an unsecured loan. However, unsecured car loans can be challenging to find, especially if you have a low credit score.
Car finance in Pretoria – Here’s how the process works
Get easy car financing in Pretoria by following these steps:
- Shop for your car. You can buy from a car dealership or a private seller. The vehicle can also be used or new. In any case, obtain a purchase agreement from the seller and submit it during your application.
- Compare loans. Once you have picked the right car, shop around for the right loan or lender. Compare factors like interest rate, requirements, loan amounts, loan terms, and repayment terms.
- Apply online. To submit your online application, visit the lender’s website by clicking their “Go to Site” button in the comparison tables above. To meet general requirements, you must be 18 years or older, have a driver’s licence, and a regular, monthly income.
- Drive and pay. Once your loan is approved, the lender pays for the car, and you use it freely while paying monthly instalments.
Other types of vehicle loans available in Pretoria
Can you find blacklisted car finance in Pretoria?
A bad credit record might still get you a loan, but typically, car finance for blacklisted clients has higher interest rates and charges.
Popular vehicle finance searches