Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
What type of car loan are you looking for?
Car finance in Johannesburg – South Africa
Do you need a nice set of wheels so you can be out and about the streets of Jozi? You may have already gone car shopping but keep reading so we can help you shop for the best car finance in Johannesburg.
Where can you find car finance in Johannesburg?
You can easily carry out your search in one place by browsing our comparison tables above or going through our list of top vehicle finance lenders in South Africa if you want more detailed information.
Vehicle finance for Johannesburg locals – How does it work?
- Loan amount. Between R10 000 and R300 000.
- Loan term. Between 12 months and 84 months.
- Deposit. Some lenders require a deposit of up to 20% of the vehicle’s price.
- Balloon payment. A lump sum you pay when the loan contract ends.
- Purchase agreement. This document shows that the car dealer or private seller has agreed to sell to you. In addition, the purchase agreement can be for a new or used car, boat, caravan, truck, motorbike or jet ski.
Types of car finance and car loans available in Jo’burg
- Secured vs. unsecured. When the loan is secured, you risk losing the car if you fail to make repayments. Unsecured loans have higher interest rates, and they require a good credit score.
- Instalment agreement. You pay monthly instalments as you drive. To find out the expected monthly instalment for your loan, use our car finance calculator. Simply adjust the sliders to enter your loan term and amount before clicking calculate.
- Lease agreement. A rental agreement where you also make monthly instalments. However, the car doesn’t belong to you and after the lease expires you can renew it, buy the vehicle, or return it.
How much does car finance cost if you stay in Jo’burg?
Usually, the following costs are involved when you finance your vehicle purchase:
- Interest. Your rate can be variable or fixed. Low-interest vehicle finance is easier to get if you have a good credit record.
- Car finance fees and charges. These can be initiation fees, ongoing monthly service fees, and early or late payment fees.
- Insurance. Insurance can be automatically included in the loan, or you can find another suitable option.
What you need to apply – General requirements
- Be 18 years or older;
- Valid South African ID;
- Driver’s licence;
- A regular, monthly income;
- Bank statements and payslips;
- Proof of residence; and
- A purchase agreement from your car seller.
How to make an online application for car finance in Johannesburg
- Go through our comparison tables above and pick the most suitable lender.
- Click the “Go to Site” button for the lender’s website.
- Fill in the vehicle finance application form and upload the required documents.
Can you get blacklisted car finance in Johannesburg?
It’s possible to get vehicle finance for the blacklisted in Johannesburg, especially if you choose a secured car loan. Keep in mind that you might have to pay a higher interest rate.
Popular vehicle finance searches