Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 6 months. Percentage Rates vary between 5% per month and 38% p.a. Total interest and fee repayments vary over the life of the loan. All rates quoted are 30 days. For more information regarding fees, visit or contact the provider.
Understanding R2,000 payday loans in South Africa
Payday loans are short-term, unsecured loans that you can use as quick solutions to meet emergency expenses. In other words, you can use these loans to take you through to your next payday.
For short term needs, smaller amounts like R2000 are usually sufficient to keep you going until your monthly earnings get deposited into your account. However, with so many options available, you may be wondering how best to go about it. This article gives you a clearer understanding of R2000 payday loans in South Africa.
Minimum requirements to get a R2,000 payday loan online
- A valid South African ID
- A South African bank account that receives your salary or income
- A regular salary or income
- You should be 18 years and above
What are the fees for a R2,000 payday loan?
- Initiation fee: 16.5% on the first 1,000 and 10% thereafter, R265
- Interest rate: Typically 5% per month, R100, or 3% for existing customers
- Monthly service fee: Around R60 per calendar month
- VAT: 15%, charged on the initiation and monthly fee, R48.75
- Estimated total repayment: R2,473.75 if repaid in 30 days
Final costs may vary a little between lenders. However, as you can see from the comparison table above, most lenders charge a very similar amount. If you repay the loan over a longer period, interest and monthly fees will change monthly repayment amount.
How to choose the best payday loan provider
When you want to take a R2000 payday loan, you need to find a lender who best accommodates your financial situation. This is done by doing the following:
- Finding a licensed, reputable lender
Before you submit your loan application, you have to check if your lender has a certificate of authorization. Most companies will indicate this on their websites. The idea is to ensure that you are dealing with a lawfully registered company. Doing this protects you from financial harm.
- Reviewing their customer service
The best payday loan provider must have a friendly customer care policy. Find out if the company has a working phone number or email address. In addition, you can also check if they have a live chat on their website. If there is any problem or you have any questions, good customer care will guide you in making the right decisions.
If you make important decisions in a rush, it might end in disaster. It would be best if you relax, research about the company, study them, and then make a decision. During the process, you should consider the loan amount, the repayment terms, and the overall cost of the loan. Can you afford the terms and conditions set by the lender you want to borrow from?
How to apply for a R2000 payday loan
You can submit your loan application online. Once you have finalized and decided which loan provider you want to work with from our featured lenders, you can proceed to their application page by clicking Go to Site. There you will find an easy-to-use application form which you can fill in and submit online.
All you need to provide is your South African ID, phone number, and your bank account details. These are the standard requirements, but you may have to submit additional documents such as a copy of your payslip.
Once you have supplied that information, you can receive a response in just a few minutes. If your application is approved, a deposit of R2000 will be made into your bank account. This usually takes about 24 hours at most.
Advantages of R2000 payday loans
- Quick availability: The application, verification, and approval processes are quite fast. Also, the cash is transferred to your bank account as quickly as possible upon approval. Typically, the entire process can be carried out within 24 hours.
- A good credit score is not required: Even if you don’t have the best credit history, you can still qualify for a R2000 payday loan. Most payday loan providers don’t do credit checks, and thus they also offer loans for bad credit.
- Highly convenient: There is no need to visit a brick and mortar store because the application can be made online. The loan provider will usually transfer the money to your registered bank account, which saves a lot of time.
- You don’t need to have collateral: Unlike other personal loans, you can qualify for a R2000 payday loan without any security. Though the interest rate is somewhat higher than that of secured loans, you will not lose your car, house, or any of your assets if you fail to pay back the loan.
Disadvantages of R2000 payday loans
- You need a bank account and regular income: You have to provide proof of income and have a bank account. The loan provider will not give you a loan without these two.
- You can not use the money to solve big financial problems: A R2000 loan can only solve small financial issues. Besides that, they have a short repayment period, and the loan terms are strict. Most lenders require you to pay off the loan within 6 months.
- High-interest rates: Payday loans have some of the highest interest rates. They are almost similar to credit card rates. This is because they are unsecured, and your credit history is usually not considered. In short, there’s a higher risk involved.
- Unreputable lenders sometimes take advantage: Some payday loan lenders set their own rules by charging expensive fees and interest rates. Taking out such an expensive loan can make your desperate situation even more desperate.
Commonly asked questions about R2000 payday loans
How do I repay the loan?
The lender usually collects their repayment through a debit order. This allows the lender to automatically deduct the amount due when your salary gets deposited. The repayment can be made all at once or in smaller instalments.
How much time do I have to pay back the loan?
It depends on the lender, but generally, repayment periods range from 4 days to 6 months. The average period is 30 months. Also, most lenders will require you to start paying off the loan on the next pay date that happens after you receive the loan.
Where can I get a quick R2000 loan if I have an emergency?
You can browse through our list of featured lenders to find a reputable source of emergency funds that is suitable for you.
How fast can I get the money?
A R2000 payday is usually processed quickly. Generally, expect the money within 24 hours, but it is possible to receive your loan within 1 hour or a few hours.
Popular payday loan searches