Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 6 months. Percentage Rates vary between 5% per month and 38% p.a. Total interest and fee repayments vary over the life of the loan. All rates quoted are 30 days. For more information regarding fees, visit or contact the provider.
Wonga Loans: Everything You Need to Know
Meet Wonga Finance, a reputable and registered credit provider created by South Africans for Mzansi. The business specializes in flexible short term online loans. Do you need a Wonga payday loan? Here’s a quick look at the easy application process:
- You can apply on your mobile phone, tablet, or PC at any time of the day, anywhere!
- You don’t have to visit Wonga offices to get a loan.
- There are no hidden fees, and every step of the process is transparent.
- Your personal details are kept safe and confidential
What you need to apply for a Wonga Loan
- You need to create an account on the Wonga website and log in;
- SA ID number;
- Cell phone number;
- Bank account details;
- Most recent proof of income; and
- You should also be at least 18 years.
How to apply for a Wonga loan
- Use the repayment calculator on this page to choose how much money you want. The default term is 30 days.
- Wonga will instantly calculate so you can see the interest and fees plus the full amount you need to pay back.
- If you’re satisfied with the amount, click on “Go To Site.”
- Fill out the secure online application form.
- You will be immediately notified on whether your application is successful or not.
- If successful, Wonga will need to verify your income. This is where you upload proof of income (recent payslip or bank statement with your personal details).
- The cash is then transferred to your bank account.
How much can you get with Wonga loans?
It all depends on whether you’re a new or existing customer. New customers can get a Wonga loan of up to R4000 rand which should be paid within 3 months. Existing customers can apply for a maximum R8000, and they have 6 months to repay.
Wonga payday loans vs. short term loans
Short term loans from Wonga involve small amounts that have to be paid back within 6 months maximum. Wonga payday loans are a special type of short term loan. With this type of loan, you borrow money to use for an emergency while you wait for your salary date. Here’s what you can expect when you apply for a payday loan:
- Loan Amount ranges from R100 – R4,000
- Loan period is usually 1 or 2 months
- Interest rate (APR) is 0.17% per day
Wonga Loans: Repayment Terms
As a direct lender, Wonga deals directly with customers through its website. They communicate clearly with you about all fees during the loan application. You agree to receive a loan amount which you then pay back on specific dates. When the time arrives, Wonga takes the agreed payment from your bank account. They do this every month until the full amount is paid back.
What happens if I fail to pay back my Wonga loan?
Wonga always recommends that you apply for their loans responsibly. This means taking out a loan you can afford to repay. If you fail to pay back as agreed, you can damage your credit rating. Also, if you take more time to repay, interest and penalty charges can become too expensive for you. Thus, paying off your loan quickly is always a better option.
Why choose Wonga Loans?
- Applying and receiving Wonga loans is all done online.
- Wonga is trustworthy and regulated by the National Credit Act.
- They offer excellent customer service with a hotline number you can call in case of any suspicious activity.
- Wonga allows you to earn more trust and increase the borrowing amount when you continue working with them.
- They are a popular and registered credit provider. It comes highly recommended because of fast responses and easy-to-use services.
- Wonga offers a quick solution when you need to fix a sudden financial problem.
- Wonga offers flexible repayment terms.
Are there any disadvantages of using the Wonga loan facility?
Wonga loans are not suitable for every situation. They are only for short term use, and the amount you can borrow is limited. If you are looking to consolidate your debt, you may need to consider other options. Furthermore, you have to meet certain requirements to receive a loan. For example, during the credit check, your credit history has to be good for you to qualify for a loan.
Wonga flexible loans
Popular payday loan searches