Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Stay ahead with the Standard Bank vehicle finance calculator
Finding the right car at an affordable price is not an easy job. Sometimes you have to scan through many dealers and listings till you find what you are looking for. The next step after finding the car would be to figure out how to pay for it. If you have enough savings for it, you can pay in cash. If you don’t, getting vehicle financing from Standard Bank might be the next best option.
While getting a car loan from Standard Bank is a good idea; understanding how much the loan will cost is also important. That is why we recommend using the Standard Bank car finance calculator first, to better understand the fees and costs involved in taking out a car loan.
Understanding the Standard Bank car loan calculator
The Standard Bank car finance calculator from CompareLoans is an essential preparation tool when considering taking out a car loan. It helps you to know exactly what you are getting yourself into before you apply for the loan.
In short, the calculator tells you how much you should pay in instalments each month, which is crucial information. This allows you to decide whether the payment will fit easily into your budget or not.
How does the Standard Bank car loan calculator work?
The standard bank loan calculator is relatively straightforward. You only have to enter two pieces of information; your loan amount and the repayment period. For this, you use two sliders that you can move to the left and right. Once you have selected your loan amount term, click “Calculate Repayment.” You will see the displayed results right away, and this allows you to make a fast decision.
It is important to note that these results from the calculator are just an estimation to help you get an idea of how the loan works. When you apply for the loan, you might get terms that are slightly different and which are based on your personal risk profile.
Why is it important to know the monthly repayment in advance?
- It helps you to know whether you can afford the loan or not;
- It allows you to compare various loan options from Standard Bank;
- You can budget more effectively knowing that you have a fixed amount you should pay every month.
- Standard Bank offers secured car loans, and that means you risk losing the car if you miss your monthly payments. By choosing a monthly payment you can afford, you can safely avoid this scenario. Furthermore, applying for a vehicle finance you can afford increases the chances of your loan application being approved.
How does the interest rate affect your monthly payment?
The interest rate has a significant effect on your monthly instalments. You can think of it as the profit that the lender makes from giving you a loan. A cheaper loan has a lower interest rate, while a high-interest rate will be considered more expensive.
This also means that a loan with a low-interest rate will have a lower monthly payment than the one with a higher interest rate if the loans are taken over the same period. The reason is simple – if your loan has a higher interest rate, the total repayment amount will be higher; therefore, the monthly instalments will be higher.
How does the car loan term affect your monthly payment?
A longer car loan term might mean lower monthly instalments. However, this might not be an entirely good thing; the longer you keep the loan, the more you will have to pay in interest. Shorter terms save you money on interest.
The downside is that they will have a higher monthly instalment. It is best to strike a balance between the loan term and the loan’s total cost when choosing a payment period.
Advantages of the Standard Bank car loan calculator
- It allows you to view the monthly payments for different loan amounts and terms so you can find the one that suits you best;
- You will know your monthly payments beforehand;
- It helps you see if you’ll be able to afford a particular loan before applying; and
- You make more sound and informed financial decisions when it comes to your budget and repayment plan.
What’s the next step after using the Standard Bank vehicle finance calculator?
If you have found an affordable monthly repayment for your vehicle, it means you’re ready to move on to the next step, which is making your Standard Bank car loan application. The process is convenient and quick since it can be done online. As a quick guide, Standard Bank offers the following vehicle finance options:
- Instalment lease – This allows you to buy a car using the car loan from Standard Bank, which you can then pay off via monthly instalments. After you finish your payments, the car fully belongs to you.
- Financial lease – This enables you to rent the car for an agreed-upon period after which you can choose to purchase the car or return it.
General requirements for a Standard Bank car loan
- Valid South African ID;
- Valid South African driver’s licence;
- Proof of income;
- Proof of residence;
- Minimum age of 18 years.
If you meet the loan application requirements, you can start your online application by clicking the “Go to Site” button for Standard Bank car financing in the comparison table above.
About Standard Bank vehicle online loans
Popular vehicle finance searches