Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 6 months. Percentage Rates vary between 5% per month and 38% p.a. Total interest and fee repayments vary over the life of the loan. All rates quoted are 30 days. For more information regarding fees, visit or contact the provider.
Get a fast online loan from Express Finance in South Africa
If you’re thinking of borrowing money from Express Finance, CompareLoans.co.za is here to help. You can get fast cash to use for urgent needs if your salary is still too far away. Find out more about Express Finance solutions when you read about the following:
- How their loans work;
- Who can apply;
- What you need to apply;
- How to make the easy online application; and
- Advantages of using this financial service.
Who can apply for an Express loan?
Express Finance offers quick payday loans that you can apply for online. That means you can only borrow small amounts and you have to pay it back in 1 month. The exact terms depend on what type of borrower you are:
- First time user: You get 40% off on the initiation and service fee.
- Normal user: For second and third loans, standard rates prescribed by the National Credit Act are used.
- Government employees: This includes employees of the state, government, and semi-state owned companies. Also, employees from SAPS, SANDF, Transnet, and various other companies are included. These users have the advantage of getting discounts on loan products.
How much can you borrow from Express Finance?
The maximum amount you can borrow is R8000. This, however, only applies to second time users. First-time users can only borrow a maximum of R3000.
The exact amount you get depends on your salary as well. You can only borrow money that you can afford to pay back within a month or 34 days at most. This applies for all other months except December due to early salaries.
How soon can you get the money after the loan is approved?
The moment you sign for the short term loan, the money will be sent to your bank account through EFT. If you bank with FNB, the money will reflect immediately. If you use other banks, the funds will reflect on the same day, but it might take a few hours.
What is the minimum net salary required for approval?
You can only borrow from Express Finance if you earn at least R10 000. This amount can be increased or lowered depending on inflation. This helps those with low incomes from taking on too much debt.
What is the loan repayment process?
Paying off your loan is an automatic process, and you do not have to remember to make a payment each month. You simply need to provide your banking details. The money can then be deducted from your account at the end of the loan period. Express Finance is currently only able to debit the following banks:
- Standard Bank
What are the fees associated with Express Finance loans?
There are several fees associated with Express loans:
- Loan Service fee – This is R60 that is charged monthly and includes VAT.
- Initiation fee – This is a once-off amount that is charged at the beginning of the loan agreement. For loans under R1200, you have to pay 15% of the full loan amount plus VAT. If you borrow more than R1200, you have to pay R165 plus and an additional 10% for any capital that exceeds R1000 plus VAT.
- Interest Rate – You pay 3% of the Capital.
Here’s an example to help you get a better idea of the charges involved:
- Loan amount: R2000
- Loan term: 20 days
- Monthly Service Fee: R40
- Initiation Fee: R265.00
- Interest: R45.30
- VAT: R42.70
- Total cost of the loan: R2393.00
Express finance loan requirements
- Be over the age of 18years.
- Have an active bank account that is in your name. You can not use someone else’s bank account to apply for an Express Finance loan.
- Be employed for at least 12 months.
- A regular, monthly salary that is more than R10 000.
What documents are required for an Express Finance loan?
- Copy of your payslip;
- Copy of your South African ID; and
- Stamped bank statements.
Use the Express Finance loan calculator and find your monthly repayments
Before applying for an Express loan, we recommend that you use our Express Finance loan calculator. Simply enter your loan amount and loan term using the sliding tools. Next, click “Calculate Repayment” to get your estimated monthly repayment amount. This information can help you budget for the loan so you can pay it back comfortably.
How to apply for Express finance loans
Express finance loans have a straightforward online application process:
- Click the ”Go to Site” button for Express Finance loans. Check for the link in the comparison tables above, on this page.
- You’ll be redirected to the Express Finance website.
- Create an Express account if you don’t have one. Next, log into the account and make your application.
- Check to make sure you meet all the loan requirements and that all information supplied is correct.
- After you submit your application, Express Finance will perform a credit check and an affordability assessment to see if you qualify for the loan.
- If you’re approved you sign the loan agreement and receive money in your bank account from wherever you are. You also permit Express Finance to claim your monthly repayments via debit order.
Advantages of Express Finance solutions
- Express Finance is the only lender that gives a 40% discount on service and initiation fees for your first loan.
- They are also the only lender that offers a special discount rate to state, government and semi-state owned company employees. There is a list of other companies that are also included in this bracket.
- If you can afford it, you’re allowed to apply for more than one loan.
- You can get an extension on your loan if you need more time to pay it off.
- You can get money quickly to cover emergencies or any urgent needs.
Is your personal information safe with Express Finance?
Express finance takes all the appropriate steps to make sure that your information is secure. Every time you visit the website, you will be protected by SSL encryption. This ensures that no one that is not authorized can view your information.
What happens if you cannot pay back your loan?
If you can no longer afford to pay back your loan, you can get an extension on your loan. Contact Express Finance to work out a plan. However, if you fail to communicate, you’ll receive a Section 129 Letter of Demand. From then on, you will have ten days to contact Express Finance. Failure to do so will result in legal action against you, which will, in turn, negatively affect your credit score.
Popular payday loan searches