Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Find out about Boodle personal loans in South Africa
Whether you need the extra cash to repair your car, pay for bills, or fill in some gaps before payday, a Boodle personal loan might be your way forward. In this important guide to Boodle personal loans, we give you the answers to your questions so that you can get a Boodle loan the easy way:
- What are the features of Boodle personal loans?
- What do you need to apply?
- How do you make the online application?
- What are the advantages of Boodle personal loans?
Features of Boodle loans
- Personalised loan – When applying for a Boodle quick loan, you choose how much you want and for how long. You can get a maximum of R8 000 and a minimum of R100. Short term loans range from 2 days to 42 days.
- No hidden fees – All charges and interest rates for the loan are calculated upfront. This means that you will know exactly what your instalments are and the total cost of the loan before you begin the application process.
- Simple terms and conditions – The loan agreement and documentation are easy to understand.
- Loan offers – The quotations you get when applying for Boodle loans are only valid for five working days. If you exceed that time without applying, you will have to get a new quotation.
- Credit check – You have to give Boodle permission to perform a credit check to get approved.
- Excellent customer service – Whether you get approved or not, Boodle will still provide you with feedback on your loan application.
- Responsible lending – Boodle performs affordability calculations before your loan is approved to ensure you can afford to pay it back.
Requirements when applying for a Boodle personal loan
- Be 21 years and older;
- A holder of a valid, government-issued South African ID;
- Be employed with a regular, monthly income; and
- Have an active South African bank account in your name.
Use the Boodle personal loan calculator for your repayments
The Boodle loan calculator will help you to know the cost of the loan before you make your application. It’s important to use this loan calculator if you fully wish to understand how the loan works and the costs involved. This will help you to make better financial decisions. The steps to using the Boodle personal loan calculator are as follows:
- How much Boodle do you want? – Use the first sliding tool to input your loan amount.
- How many days do you need to pay back the loan? – Use the second sliding tool to input your desired loan term.
- What is the estimated repayment? – Click “Calculate Repayment” for your results. You can always get better repayment results by adjusting the values of your loan amount and term.
An example of a Boodle loan and costs involved
- Loan amount: R4 000
- Loan term: 32 days
- Interest and fees: R842.29
- Total cost of the loan: R4 842.29
The Boodle loans online application process
You can apply for Boodle personal loans in four easy steps:
- Use the Boodle personal loan calculator to select a loan amount and term that works for your budget.
- Click the Boodle “Go to Site” button on this page (in the comparison tables above) to visit the Boodle website.
- Use the Boodle Smart Dial to view the costs attached to the loan you have chosen.
- Start the application process by filling in a short online application form with the necessary details.
- After you submit your details, Boodle will run a credit check and decide the amount that is best for you.
- Boodle will then give you a loan offer. If you accept the money is transferred to your bank account in as little as 10 minutes.
Why should you choose Boodle?
- Automatic online application. You can apply for the loan from anywhere as long as you have all the required information.
- Quick approval times. Your Boodle online application can be approved in less than ten minutes if everything is in order. This is a big advantage if you need the money for emergency purposes.
- Trusted and reputable lender. Boodle is a registered financial services provider that has helped thousands of South Africans.
- Transparency. Before you apply for a Boodle loan, you get to know how much the loan is going to cost you. This will allow you to compare your loan options and select the loan with the best terms for you.
- Affordable interest rates: Boodle offers interest rates that are quite competitive and affordable.
- Flexible payment arrangements: If you can’t pay back your loan on time, Boodle will help you make a different arrangement if you call them.
What is Boodle SmileRank?
Boodle SmileRank is a loyalty program that rewards you for choosing Boodle every time you apply for a loan. Here’s how it works:
- As a first-time customer, you’re limited to borrowing a maximum of only R3 000. However, if you successfully pay back this loan, you can borrow more the next time.
- The more smiles you have, the more you can borrow since each smile in your Boodle SmileRank allows you to borrow R3 000.
- If you become a regular Boodle customer, you’ll be allowed to borrow up to R8000, and the approval process will even be faster.
- However, if your credit history is poor or if it looks like you can’t afford the loan, your application might still get declined. If you’re lucky to get approved the amount you can borrow will be limited even if you have more smiles.
How to use a Boodle personal loan
You can use the quick cash from a Boodle personal loan to cover your important needs. Below are some of the reasons why you might need some Boodle in your life:
More on Boodle loans
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders