Capfin loans: Find out how to apply and benefit today
Capfin specialises in short-term personal loans for South Africans, which is why you might want to work with them. If you need extra money quickly, getting a loan from Capfin is a simple, convenient, and easily accessible option. Before you work with them, here’s some background information that helps you to confirm Capfin’s trusted reputation:
- They are a credit provider with a valid Registration number – 2011/126985/07 – NCRCP11812.
- This credit provider has been operating since 2010, and has made borrowing money affordable for many South Africans.
- Their customer service is reliable and well-built. You can visit their offices in Cape town, SMS, call, use USSD, email, fax or ask them to call back if you have any enquiries. In addition, they have LiveChat and detailed contact information on their website.
Advantages of Capfin loans
- You can access credit via digital means when you apply online. That means, with an internet connection, you can apply for a loan online from any place and at any time.
- The Capfin loan online application is safe and secure, and all your personal details are protected.
- If you don’t have access to the Capfin website, you can still apply by sending an SMS or going to the nearest PEP or Ackermans store.
- You can make early repayments for your Capfin personal loan without being charged a penalty fee.
- There are no hidden fees – interest rates and all charges will be clearly communicated to you.
- Communication with Capfin is available via English, Xhosa, Zulu, Afrikaans, and Sesotho, which are common languages in South Africa.
How does the Capfin personal loan calculator work?
You can borrow as much as R50 000 from Capfin, and terms go up to 24 months. When you apply, Capfin usually gives you a quote that shows the amount you can borrow. If you earn more and have a good credit score, you can get approval for a larger amount. Capfin is a responsible lender, so they will always carry an affordability assessment to ensure they give you an amount you can afford to pay back.
How do I qualify for a Capfin loan?
In line with the National Credit Act, Capfin requires the following before they can approve your credit:
- Valid SA ID to prove that you have citizenship;
- The latest payslips or bank statements for 3 months;
- Permanent employment with a regular, monthly salary;
- A working South African phone number where you can be contacted;
- Valid SA bank account that receives your monthly salary; and
- Minimum age of 18 years.
How to make a Capfin loan application
There are three ways to do so. With more options, you are guaranteed to find an application process that suits your particular situation.
You can start the application on this page. In the comparison tables above, select the “Go to Site” button next to the Capfin personal loan option. You will be automatically directed to their webpage. Next, click on the “Apply Now” button.
However, before you can begin, you must create an account with Capfin if you already don’t have one. This is simply a matter of providing your personal details such as full name, ID, email, and phone number. After that, the Capfin online application process is completed by uploading the required documents and following the prompts.
Mobile phone application
This is done by sending Capfin an SMS. You might have to talk to a representative to finalise the application.
Do you have a PEP close by? If yes, you can walk in and apply for a PEP Capfin loan. The cashier will guide you through the process. After that, you simply wait for the arrival of your SMS.
How do I submit my documents to Capfin during the loan application process?
To complete your application, you’ll need to submit your documents using the following options:
- You can upload the documents by selecting the “Upload” tab when you apply online.
- A cashier will scan the documents for you when you apply via PEP or Ackermans.
- After applying, you can attach the documents in an email and send the mail to email@example.com. You have to use your ID number as the subject line for this option.
- The documents can be faxed to 0866880000 along with your written ID number as a reference.
- If you bank with ABSA, Standard Bank, or Nedbank, your documents can easily be accessed once you give Capfin permission.
How long does Capfin take to approve a loan?
They have a quick approval process, and you can usually expect money in your bank account within 48 hours.
What are the Capfin loan interest rates?
Capfin offers personalized interest rates that are fixed and calculated on the daily balance of your credit. To get lower rates, your credit score must be high. A positive credit history with a good credit is proof that you can be trusted to pay back your debt on time based on past behaviour.
How to make your monthly repayments
Typically, Capfin claims your monthly repayments from you via debit order. This is why they require you to use the same account that receives your monthly salary. When your salary comes in, the amount due gets deducted automatically from your bank account. It is important to ensure your account has sufficient funds to process the debit order since failure to repay your debt as agreed can negatively affect your credit score.
Capfin Reviews: Are they good?
Finally, you might want to hear what other customers have to say about Capfin. For this, carrying out some research over the internet is very helpful. As a second option, you can check with other Capfin customers to check if they were happy with the service they received. However, since Capfin is a registered credit provider that has won some awards and has plenty of experience, it is expected to have good and positive reviews.
Apply for a Capfin personal loan
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders