Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Work with our MFC vehicle finance calculator for best results
Buying a car usually requires a lot of financial investment. Even a car with an average price of between R80 000 and R100 000 is more than what a lot of South Africans can afford to pay for using cash savings. This is why most people turn to MFC vehicle finance to get help when buying a car. However, MFC car loans come with monthly payments, and it is important to find out how much you will need to pay if you consider things like:
- Loan amount;
- Loan term;
- Interest rate;
- Car insurance; and
- Monthly fees and other charges.
It can be complicated but don’t worry our tool will do all the heavy lifting for you. In this article, we look at the following:
- Why it is important to use the MFC car finance calculator;
- How to use the MFC vehicle finance affordability calculator;
- Choosing the best monthly repayment result; and
- How to proceed with the application after using the MFC car finance calculator.
The importance of using the MFC calculator for vehicle finance
It will show you your monthly instalment
If you’re planning on taking out a vehicle finance loan, the number that you need to pay most attention to is the monthly instalment. If the minimum monthly instalment is too much for your budget, then that loan is more than what you can afford.
It helps you choose a loan term that works best for you
The factor that will affect your monthly instalment the most, together with the loan amount is the loan term. The longer your MFC loan term, the less you will have to pay monthly. That also means you end up paying more in interest. So, when you use the MFC vehicle finance calculator, you can select a loan term that will allow you to afford the car without ending up having to pay too much in interest.
Your credit score can improve long term
With the excitement that comes from shopping for a new set of wheels, it’s easy to overlook the fact that the ride you’re buying is not affordable. The MFC loan calculator gives you a visual reminder of what you’ll have to deal with every month until you finish repaying the loan. This pushes you to choose a more affordable monthly payment. Once you do this, making your payments will be comfortable, and there is less chance of missed or skipped payments. This can improve your credit score and credit history, which helps with future loan applications.
You can estimate the total cost of your loan
Knowing the total cost of your car loan beforehand helps you to check if you’re getting the best deal available. The loan calculator will let you estimate the total repayment amount of your vehicle loan so that you can make an informed decision. To find out the total cost for your MFC loan, you have to multiply your loan term with the estimated monthly repayment given by the calculator:
- Total repayment amount = monthly instalment x number of months to pay.
- If you choose a loan term of 36 months and your monthly repayment amount is R2 200, then the total repayment amount becomes R2 200 x 36 = R79 200.
- Check for any upfront charges that are not included in the monthly instalments for a more accurate estimate.
- You can do this with all your loan offers and see which one is favourable for your pocket.
How to use the MFC vehicle finance affordability calculator
The calculator is relatively easy to use. Follow these easy steps and get ready to make smarter decisions on your loan application:
- Choose your loan amount: Input the rand amount you want to borrow by dragging the first sliding tool to the left or right.
- Choose your loan term: Input the number of months you need to repay the loan by dragging the second sliding tool either left or right.
- Find the result: After selecting your loan amount and term, click “Calculate Repayment” and compare your rate options.
- Do you want a different result?: Simply change either the loan amount, loan term, or both and repeat the process until you get a monthly repayment amount that works better for you.
Tips to help you choose the best result from the MFC vehicle calculator
- Only borrow a car loan you can afford: This will ensure that you don’t run into payment problems. An expensive automobile might be appealing, but you should consider that you might have other plans that will need money besides the monthly instalment.
- Use the loan calculator many times: The more you use the calculator, the more you can get a better idea of how this MFC financial product works.
- Balance your loan term and monthly payments: It is important to choose a loan term that allows you to afford the monthly repayment. At the same time, it’s also important that the loan doesn’t become too expensive in terms of interest. While using the MFC loan calculator to decide your monthly payments, try to choose a result that fits into your monthly budget and allows you to pay off the loan quickly.
Basic requirements for MFC vehicle finance
- 18 years of age and above;
- Be a permanent employee, receiving a regular salary;
- Recent payslips and bank statements for 3 months for proof of income;
- Your salary should be more than R6500 per month;
- Be a holder of a valid South African driver’s licence permit without endorsements;
- You should either be a citizen of South Africa or a permanent resident; and
- A clean credit record.
Apply online after using the MFC vehicle instalment calculator
After using the loan calculator, make sure that all the details that are needed for your application are in place. You can then choose to apply for the loan that works best for you. To apply, click on the MFC “Go to Site” button which takes you from this page to their website. That means you’ll be redirected to their application page where you can fill in and submit an online application form.
Once approved, you will sign a loan agreement with MFC and accept their terms and conditions. Furthermore, MFC also offers a balloon payment option.
By now, you must have an understanding of how the MFC vehicle finance calculator works. So, you can scroll back up and give it a try. Enter different values and see how each decision you make affects the monthly payment as well as the total cost of your loan.
More about MFC private vehicle finance
Popular vehicle finance searches