Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
What type of car loan are you looking for?
Use the Nedbank vehicle finance calculator to get the best loan
Getting the car of your dreams through Nedbank is a smart move if you choose a loan that works for your budget. Shopping for the right car might be exciting, but at CompareLoans we also give you the tools to shop for the right Nedbank car loan.
Our Nedbank car loan calculator can, therefore, be used to help you find a personalised loan that understands your budget. In this article, we take a closer look at the following:
- How the Nedbank vehicle finance calculator works;
- The importance of knowing your monthly payments;
- How the calculator helps you with the Nedbank vehicle loan process;
- Advantages of using the Nedbank car loan calculator; and
- The next steps after using the Nedbank loan calculator.
How to use the Nedbank auto loan calculator to find the right car
- Our Nedbank car finance calculator works by giving you an idea of how much you can afford to borrow from a monthly payment view.
- The calculator has two inputs – the loan amount and the time you want to take to finish the payment. There are two sliders on the Nedbank calculator. Move them either left or right to adjust your inputs.
- Once your inputs are right, you can select the “Calculate Repayment” option. The result you get shows you an estimate of how much you are going to be spending in monthly repayments.
- Please note that this amount and any rates quoted might differ slightly from the actual bank quote. It is just an estimate that helps you decide and budget before applying for the loan.
Why is using the Nedbank car loan calculator important?
The Nedbank car loan calculator will show you your estimated monthly payment. You can then use this amount to compare loan options or to find out the total cost of the loan. Knowing the full value of the loan will help you to decide whether a particular loan is expensive or not. The calculator also helps you with:
- Preparation – The most important aspect of getting a vehicle is preparing ahead of time. Knowing what you can afford helps you to know what kind of car you will most likely be looking to get. Please keep in mind that monthly instalments are not the only amount you’ll pay. You also need a deposit in some cases and registration fees.
- Early Payment – Paying off a car loan earlier than usual will not only shorten the length of the vehicle loan, it will also result in interest savings. The longer you keep a Nedbank loan, the more you pay in interests and other fees like monthly service fees. Consider this as you decide the size of your monthly repayments.
The Nedbank loan calculator can help you with the following steps in the Nedbank vehicle finance process:
- Calculate what you can afford – Before you go car shopping in South Africa, there are many things you have to check to ensure you’re buying the right car. However, most of these decisions are affected by your budget. Whether you’re buying a new or used car, a VW Polo or an Audi depends on what you can afford. The best way to figure out what you can afford is to use the Nedbank loan repayment calculator.
Now that you know what your car budget is after using the loan calculator, you’ll be able to:
- Buy from a dealership – If you pick a car you can afford, it’s easier to get approved for a loan. Nedbank uses your purchase agreement and an affordability assessment to see if you will be able to repay the loan.
- Buy from a private owner
- Make a Nedbank vehicle finance online application.
After using the loan repayment calculator, the next step is to apply online. Since you have already calculated an affordable loan amount, you can carry out this process with confidence.
Sign an agreement with Nedbank
Once you have signed your Nedbank loan agreement, you can start driving your car and making the affordable payments as estimated by the repayment calculator.
Advantages of a Nedbank car finance calculator
Calculating your vehicle loan payments before applying offers a lot of advantages:
- Budgeting – It will help you find the best vehicle loan with loan terms and interest rate that suits your monthly budget.
- Informed decisions – Through using a calculator, you can get a better understanding of Nedbank’s financial products. You’ll be in a better position to make more informed financial decisions when taking out the loan
- Saves you time – The calculator gives you the results you need in seconds.
- Free – Using the calculator won’t cost you anything. Instead, it can help you save in the long run.
Nedbank vehicle finance: A quick overview
- Loan amounts: Up to R300 000
- Loan terms: 24 to 72 months
- Interest rate: Nedbank bases this on your credit score and the terms of the National Credit Act
- Fees and charges: Initiation fee and monthly service fee.
What are the general requirements for a Nedbank vehicle loan?
After using the Nedbank car loan calculator, the next step is to apply for the loan. Here’s a quick checklist to go through:
- Be older than 18 years;
- Have a regular income of at least R6500;
- Be permanently employed;
- South African citizenship or permanent residency;
- A good credit history;
- Proof of income – 3 latest payslips and three latest stamped bank statements;
- Clear copies of a valid South African driver’s licence that is without endorsement;
- Proof of residence; and
- Copy of your ID.
Read more about Nedbank vehicle finance.
Apply online for your Nedbank car loan
Besides using the Nedbank car loan calculator, you can also make your life easier by applying for your loan online. This can be done from any place and at any time. Simply click the “Go to Site” button for Nedbank vehicle finance in the comparison tables above. You’ll be able to leave this page and visit the Nedbank website where you can start filling in an application form.
What other things should you consider besides your monthly instalments?
- Other monthly expenses and commitments. Once you get your result, you should check if there is room in your monthly budget after your other bills and expenses to keep up with the regular monthly payments.
- Financial security. You should look at your financial situation and determine if you’re comfortable enough to keep up with the car payments should your financial situation change. For example, would you still be able to make payments after a salary cut or a costly emergency?
More on Nedbank
Popular vehicle finance searches