Get Fasta loans online in South Africa – It’s quick and easy
Does your cash flow need a boost but it’s still mid-month? You can get a short term loan that gives you extra cash to pay for any emergency or pressing daily needs. If you’re stressed because payday is still too far away, then CompareLoans.co.za brings you a solution. Read on and find out what Fasta loans can do for you.
Advantages of Fasta loans
Fasta is one of South Africa’s top financial institutions, making use of innovative technology to deliver excellent loan services. Here’s how Fasta credit benefits you:
- You can borrow up to R8000;
- Flexible repayment periods of up to 4 months;
- The online, self-service application process is fast, simple, and easy to use;
- Once you apply, you get a reply within minutes;
- Upon approval, you also get the funds within minutes;
- You get a personalised loan with a rate that is unique to your situation;
- Lower rates if you become a loyal customer;
- Repayment is fast and easy with automatic payments;
- Any information you provide is kept safe, secure and will not be shared with anyone; and
- Fasta is an authorised and registered credit provider (NCR accredited).
Types of Fasta loans
Here are the Fasta credit offerings you can access instantly:
- Fasta card. This is a virtual card that allows you to get instant credit you can spend at any online store that is partnered with Mastercard. You can also use your mobile phone to scan in-store (using Snapscan).
- Fasta cash. The Fasta cash loan is paid directly into your bank for you to spend anywhere.
- Fasta checkout. Are you shopping online at an approved store? When checking out your cart, choose Fasta as the payment option and the payment will be made directly to the retailer.
How much can you borrow and how long does it take?
Fasta’s lending process is based on NCA regulations which means they practice responsible lending. Fasta has a minimum loan amount of R500 and a maximum loan amount of R8000. To qualify, you must meet all the requirements. However, the exact amount you can borrow depends on your credit score and income level. Therefore, you only get to borrow an amount you can afford to pay back.
Once you submit your application, it is immediately considered, thanks to a fully automated and advanced technology system. That means you get a reply within minutes and if the answer is “yes” it only takes minutes to get the cash.
What is the interest rate for Fasta loans?
When you borrow money, Fasta will charge you for this service but don’t worry. They’re honest with you about all the costs involved. Furthermore, the company calculates all interest rates using the rules prescribed by Chapter 5 of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005. That means you won’t be charged an interest rate that is more than the regulated maximum.
The exact interest rate you get for your loan depends on how much you borrow, how many months you need to pay it off, and your credit risk profile. The rate is fixed, which offers you the advantage of monthly payments that stay the same until the loan contract expires. Overall, interest rates vary from 0% to 3% or 5% depending on your situation.
Fasta loan charges: What other fees do you have to pay?
To make an informed decision understand that your loan also comes with the following charges, besides interest:
- A once-off initiation fee. This covers the opening of your Fasta loan account. The once-off fee can be paid upfront or as part of your monthly instalment. It is calculated as 10% of the loan value plus 15% VAT. The maximum initiation fee is R1059 plus 15% VAT.
- Monthly service fee. This covers administration costs for services such as the production of statements and debit order processing. The amount charged is R60 plus 15% VAT every month, and it is included in your monthly repayments.
Fasta loans calculator for your monthly repayments
The Fasta loans calculator is a free and easy-to-use tool created by CompareLoans.co.za to help you budget for your loan. How much do you want to pay back every month? Use our sliders to get the answer in minutes.
Simply use these sliding tools to enter your loan amount and number of months before clicking the “Calculate Repayment” button. The monthly repayment results will give you a good idea of whether the loan is affordable before you apply. If not, try the sliders again. Remember, applying for a loan you can afford increases your chances of approval.
What you need to apply
- A valid South African ID or permanent residence;
- Minimum 18 years;
- Minimum monthly salary of R7000;
- Proof of income – Bank statements for the last 3 months; and
- A valid South African bank account that is in your name.
Please note, Fasta uses your bank statements to check the size of your salary deposits and to see if they’re regular. This, in turn, helps Fasta to calculate how much you can afford to borrow. To submit the bank statements, you can upload them online, email them from your banking app, or give Fasta permission to check them on their own.
How to apply for Fasta credit
You can apply now for a Fasta loan by clicking the “Go to Site” button which you’ll find on this page, in the comparison tables. Once you’re directed to Fasta’s website, getting a loan only takes the following short steps:
- If you’re a new customer, you’ll have to open a Fasta loan account. Requirements include an email address and mobile number.
- After you submit your application, your financial details are considered to determine how much you can afford.
- Fasta also checks your credit history, which can be found at approved credit bureaus like TransUnion.
- If your application is approved, you receive a pre-agreement, statement, and quotation which you have to accept before the loan gets finalised.
- You receive the money in your bank account within minutes.
How to pay back your Fasta loan
If you check the terms and conditions of your Fasta loan agreement, they contain the due date you chose for your payments. When you sign the agreement, you also give Fasta permission to automatically deduct the payments through debit order. Fully automated repayments are convenient and help you save time, but you can also choose a manual payment method through your account on the Fasta website. If you’re unable to make repayments at any time, contact Fasta as soon as possible.
Popular payday loan searches