Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
How to get a Wesbank personal loan in South Africa
Wesbank is a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, one of the nation’s biggest banks. Wesbank is a reputable and registered credit provider that offers authorised financial services. If you want to borrow money, Wesbank Finance proudly offers loans for almost all needs and occasions. Wesbank loans include vehicle finance and personal finance. In this article, CompareLoans.co.za takes a particularly closer look at the Wesbank CashPower personal loan. Keep reading to find out how Wesbank Finance can help you with a lump sum of cash you can use for any purpose.
What are the pros of Wesbank personal loans?
Wesbank loans typically have the following benefits:
- Easy online application process: Skip the office visits and apply online any place, any time. Just click the “Go to Site” button on this page and complete the process within minutes.
- Convenient and flexible repayment terms: You can choose to repay your loan for a period that is between 2 and 6 years.
- Fixed interest rates: You can depend on your monthly instalments staying the same because your interest rate will never change.
- Personal loan insurance: The personal loan you take can also include a customer protection plan to cover your debt if you die, become disabled, or retrenched.
- Excellent customer service: Get all the help you need from Wesbank in a language you understand (Afrikaans, English, Zulu, Xhosa, or Sesotho).
What are the cons of Wesbank personal loans?
Wesbank loans also come with a few disadvantages. For example, you may not get approved for a Wesbank loan if you have bad credit. All their loans are subject to the National Credit Act No.34 of 2005, which means you’ll only get a loan you can afford to repay.
How does a Wesbank CashPower loan work?
To understand how Wesbank CashPower personal loan works, let’s look at the main features:
- You can choose a loan amount that is between R5 000 to R200 000;
- The repayment terms range from 24 to 72 months (2-6 years); and
- A fixed interest rate and, therefore, fixed repayments that never change.
You can look at the following example to get a good picture of how the loan will be structured:
- Loan amount: R60 000
- Loan term: 72 months
- Initiation fee: R1207.50
- Monthly admin fee: R69
- Interest rate per annum: R24.50%
- APR: 32.76%
- Total cost of the loan: R137 754.32
Can you get a Wesbank debt consolidation loan?
With the Wesbank CashPower loan, you can cover any financial need or opportunity, including paying for your wedding, a holiday, an emergency, or any other expense. It’s up to you how you spend the money. The CashPower loan can also be used as a debt consolidation loan. If your existing debt accounts are hard to manage, you can use the Wesbank CashPower personal loan to pay off this debt so you’ll be left with only one account and potentially reduced interest payments.
Are you interested in finding out more about debt consolidation loans? Visit this page where we cover important information on debt consolidation.
What is the interest rate for Wesbank loans?
The exact interest rate you get on your Wesbank CashPower loan depends on your personal risk profile. If you have a good credit score, Wesbank will consider you as being at a lower risk of defaulting on your loan, and you’ll likely get a lower interest rate. Your interest rate also depends on the amount you’re borrowing and the loan term. However, the interest rate for a Wesbank CashPower personal loan is limited to 24.5% per annum.
What do you need to apply for a Wesbank personal loan?
To get approved for Wesbank loans, you’ll need to prove how creditworthy you are. That means you have to provide information that shows you can afford to pay back the loan. As such, you will have to provide the following information to qualify for a Wesbank personal loan:
- Full Name;
- Proof of identity in the form of a clear copy of a valid South African ID;
- Proof of residential address;
- Details of your South African bank account which receives your monthly salary; and
- Proof that you earn a regular, monthly income of more than R5000. This proof can be in the form of your latest bank statements or payslips for the last 3 months.
The list of requirements may seem long, but as a reputable and responsible lender, Wesbank needs all this information on their loan applications to give you the best possible terms and rates. If you provide correct and accurate information, Wesbank will be able to assess how much of a risk you are. That means when you apply for finance, you’ll only get approved for a loan you can afford. Moreover, with a good credit score, it is possible to get a personalised loan with lower interest rates.
Before applying, use the Wesbank personal loan calculator to find the best monthly repayments
Compareloans.co.za has created this easy to use Wesbank personal loan calculator to help you decide the monthly instalment amount for repaying your loan. Simply use the sliders to choose the amount you wish to borrow, and the time you need to pay it back. Click “Calculate Repayment” to find out if the resulting monthly repayment amount works for you.
How to apply for a Wesbank personal loan?
If you’re ready to apply for a Wesbank personal loan, you’re already in the right place! When you look at the comparison tables above, you’ll notice that Wesbank is a featured lender. To begin the application process while on this page, simply click the “Go to Site” button. This takes you straight to their website page, which carries simple instructions. You can fill in the application page, upload the required documents, and complete the process in less than 30 minutes. Next, you wait for Wesbank to verify your information and perform a credit check, after which they will contact you.
More about Wesbank
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders