Apply for 1st for Women personal loans in South Africa
1st for Women personal loans are a financial product designed to cater to the needs of women in South Africa. As a woman, you might already have a lot on your plate, and the last thing you want to deal with are extra costs you never budgeted for. Keep reading to learn how a 1st for Women loan can keep you going strong even when your financial burden becomes heavier.
1st for Women loans: What are the main features?
Let’s take a look at how 1st for Women loans work by breaking down their main features:
- How much can you borrow? – Loan amounts range from R1000 to R250 000. However, the exact amount you get depends on your personal circumstances.
- How long can you keep the loan? – Repayment periods last from 12 months to 60 months. That means you have the flexibility to choose comfortable and affordable monthly payments.
- What is the interest rate? – The maximum interest rate for 1st for Women loans is 24.75% per annum as prescribed by the National Credit Act. The exact rate you qualify for is based on your personal risk profile.
- How quickly do you get the money? – Once your 1st for Women loan application is approved, the money is transferred into your bank account within 24 hours.
- What can you use the loan for? – The loan works as a medical loan, education loan, home improvement loan, or car repair loan. In short, it can cover a wide range of needs.
Advantages of First for Women personal loans
- No long interviews, queues, or unnecessary paperwork;
- A fixed interest rate that makes budgeting easy;
- Money in your bank account within 24 hours;
- In-built Customer Protection Insurance; and
- First for Women personal loans are powered by RCS, a registered credit and authorised financial services provider. That means they encourage responsible borrowing by only approving you for a loan you can afford based on your credit score, monthly income, and expenses.
First for Women personal loans: What is Customer Protection Insurance?
When you apply for and receive your loan, RCS Customer Protection Insurance underwritten by 1Life is automatically included. This protection covers you in the following unforeseen circumstances:
- Death. If you die, any remaining loan balance will be fully covered.
- Permanent disability. If you become permanently disabled, any remaining loan balance will be fully covered.
- Temporary disability. Your monthly payments get covered for up to 12 months only.
- Loss of income. Your monthly payments get covered for up to 12 months only.
Use the 1st for Women loans calculator to find affordable monthly payments
At CompareLoans, we have created this straightforward and useful 1st for Women personal loan calculator to help you make an informed decision. There are no tricky calculations involved. Simply adjust the sliders to input your desired loan amount and term.
Click calculate to find out if your loan has affordable payments. Adjust the variables and give it another go if you’re looking for a more comfortable or cheaper option.
What you need to apply
Before applying for a First for Women personal loan, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years or older;
- Have a valid South African ID/Driving license;
- Have an active bank account;
- Be employed and earn R2 000 minimum per month; and
- Provide proof of income documents – bank statements and payslips.
How to apply online for a First for Women personal loans
- Click the green “Go to Site” button for 1st for Women in the comparison tables above.
- The link directs you to the 1st for Women website where you can fill in the application form provided with your personal details.
- Next, submit your application and wait while 1st for Women carries out their assessment.
- You’ll get a call within minutes to let you know whether your application has been successful.
- You’ll receive a personal loan quote with the details of your loan if your application is approved.
How do you pay back your loan?
Paying back your 1st for Women loan is easy because the monthly instalments are automatically deducted from your account on due dates you choose when you apply.
You’ll also receive account statements by email or on your mobile phone that keep you up to date with your payments. However, because of the fixed-rate, one thing you can rely on is that your monthly instalments will never change even if there are interest rate fluctuations.
In case you have problems with paying back your loan, make sure you call the lender to work out an alternative solution.
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders