Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
What type of loan are you looking for?
IVF loan calculator: Best budget tool for your fertility treatment
If you’re financing your fertility treatment in South Africa, CompareLoans wishes you the best in your efforts, and we hope you can have the parenting journey your dream of. We also understand that in-vitro fertilization can be expensive since you might need multiple IVF cycles before you finally experience the happiness of holding your biological child. That’s why we have created our easy-to-use IVF loan calculator to help you stay in control of your budget.
Check out our short detailed guide for this crucial budget tool. Find out how it works and how to use it to compare financing options so you can find the best IVF loan for you.
Advantages of the IVF cost calculator
- Free and easy-to-use. As you’ll find out in the section below, this fertility cost calculator uses only the basic financial details of your loan to calculate your monthly repayment. What’s more, you can make a more informed decision in minutes at zero cost.
- Non-binding loan estimate. Once you get a particular result from the calculator, you can use a different set of values to get a better result if you wish. You’re not required to accept any estimate you get unless it’s the one you’re looking for.
- Helps you compare loans. Your monthly payment results will appear in our comparison tables. As you’ll notice the results obtained are for every one of our featured lenders, which allows you to compare the top fertility financing options in South Africa.
- Important budget tool for family planning. Using this tool can help you keep the unpredictable costs of pregnancy to a minimum. By planning ahead, you make sure that when you do start a family, you’ll be able to afford it.
How does the IVF loan calculator work?
- Pick a loan amount. Use the first sliding tool to choose the amount you borrow. Personal loan amounts typically range from R2000 to R300 000.
- Choose the number of months in your loan term. How long are you planning to take before you finish paying off the loan? This is your loan term, and you can choose the number of months (between 1 month and 84 months) by using the second sliding tool.
- Click calculate. This gives you your results immediately, and you can scroll down our comparison table to view the results for each lender.
- Give it another try. Interested in seeing different results? Simply restart the process using a different set of values until you get a monthly repayment that aligns with your budget.
Things to remember when using the IVF loan calculator
- Please note that the monthly payment results set out by the IVF financing calculator are subject to confirmation by the lender at the time of application. However, it’s a great starting point if you’re looking for an affordable loan.
- When you’re deciding how much you want to borrow, make sure the amount is enough to cover the total costs of your fertility treatment. If your savings account or health insurance is covering some of the costs, then you might need to borrow less. Accurately estimating your treatment costs ensures you don’t have to apply for a second loan again.
- Choosing more months over which to pay back your loan gives you smaller monthly payments. These may be more affordable, but if possible, you should choose the shortest loan term possible. This reduces the total costs of your IVF treatments since you have to pay less interest.
- Besides the monthly repayment results, you can also use the interest rate, fees and other charges to compare personal loans for your IVF treatment. To get this extra information, click the “View fees and additional info” link to see what a particular lender has to offer.
Ready to apply for an IVF loan and grow your family?
Now that you have used our fertility cost calculator and decided on a loan that suits your budget, you might be ready to start the online application process. In the same comparison table you have been using to view your results, simply select the “Go to Site” button for the lender you want.
This takes your right to the website or loan application page where you have to fill in the form provided and upload some documents. Before you start the IVF loan application process, go through the general requirements below to make sure you have the most important things in place:
- Valid copies of your South African ID;
- Proof of income – Copies of your bank statements and payslips for the last 3 months;
- Minimum age of 18 years;
- Proof of residence; and
- A good or excellent credit score.
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders