Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Apply for Bayport personal loans of up to R250 000 today
You can get a personal loan from Bayport financial services in South Africa today. Whether you want to pay for your wedding, renovate your home, or consolidate your other loans, a Bayport personal loan can be the answer to your needs. Check out our guide to Bayport loans where we answer important questions to make the application process easier for you:
- What are the features of Bayport personal loans?
- How do you increase your chances of getting a loan?
- What do you need to apply?
- How does the application process work?
- What are the advantages of applying with Bayport?
Features of Bayport personal loans
Below are some of the features of Bayport loans:
- Loan amount: Minimum is R1000 while the maximum is R250 000.
- Loan term: You can pay off the full loan amount plus interest over any period that is between 3 and 84 months.
- Monthly instalment: Your monthly repayments depend on your loan amount and term. They’re also fixed, which means you will pay the same amount every month for the rest of your loan duration.
- Credit check: Bayport is a responsible lender, and they will perform a credit assessment on you. That means you’ll only get approved for a loan you can afford.
- Interest rate: You get a fixed interest rate that is personalised based on your personal risk profile.
Requirements for Bayport online loans
- Be permanently employed;
- Minimum of 18 years; and
- Have an active South African bank account in your name.
Documents needed for Bayport loans
- A clear copy of your government-issued South African ID;
- Proof of address;
- Your most recent proof of payment from your employer in the form of a payslip; and
- Your latest bank statements for three months. The statements have to be stamped by the bank. Bayport can also retrieve this information on your behalf with your permission.
Use our Bayport personal loan calculator to budget for your loan
Our Bayport loan calculator is a free and easy-to-use tool that helps you to budget for your loan. Follow the steps below so you can make an informed decision within minutes:
- Enter your loan amount using the first sliding tool;
- Next, enter the number of months for your loan term using the second sliding tool;
- Click “Calculate Repayment” to get your quick results. You can adjust your loan values as many times as you wish to get a better result.
How to apply for Bayport online loans
The Bayport online loans application process is relatively easy:
- The first step is to click the Bayport personal loan “Go to Site” button on this page. The link then takes you to the application page.
- On the page, you will have to register an account (if you don’t have one). After that, it will only take a minute to find out whether you qualify or not. You will be requested to upload all the necessary documents and then fill in your details on the online application form.
- Once a Bayport loan offer has been made, you can continue with other required steps to complete your application.
- Money becomes available in your bank account soon after you sign the loan agreement.
Bayport loan fees and terms example
The following loan example gives you an idea of the fees associated with Bayport online loans:
- Loan amount: R100,000
- Loan term: 72 Months
- Interest Rate: 20%
- Monthly Insurance Premium: R455.00
- Monthly Service Fee: R68.00
- Total Monthly Instalment: R2,948.00
How to increase your chances of getting a Bayport financial loan
- Check your credit report – Before you apply, find out what is in your credit report and fix any mistakes if possible.
- Reduce outstanding debt – Paying your debts will also reduce your debt to income ratio. That means you’ll have more room to take on a new loan.
- Avoid applying for too many loans – Too many enquiries on your credit report might mean you’re not a responsible borrower.
- Calculate your monthly payments and total cost – Use the Bayport loan calculator to find affordable monthly instalments that fit in with your monthly income. The calculator also helps you estimate the total cost of your loan, which means you can apply for a loan amount that you know you can afford.
How to use Bayport loans
A Bayport loan can be used for pretty much anything you want. Once the cash gets into your bank account, it can be used in the following forms:
- Education loan: This covers costs related to your education, such as fees or accommodation.
- Consolidation loan: A consolidation loan helps you to manage your other loans. You can use a Bayport loan to pay for these loans, which leaves you with only one loan and one monthly payment. This way, you can better manage your payments and potentially save money.
- Personal loan: A personal loan has unlimited uses that range from paying for a wedding, bills, travel, and home improvements.
Advantages of Bayport financial loans
- You can check updates and view statements on your loan while online;
- You get a free credit report each month;
- All Bayport personal loans are insured to protect against death, retrenchment, and disability;
- Repayments are made via debit order which saves you time and improves your track record; and
- Bayport terms and conditions for your loan are available and easy to understand. That means you always know what you’re getting into every time you apply.
What happens if you fail to repay your Bayport loan?
If you fail to make your payments on time, it can be highly damaging to your credit score. In addition, Bayport can take legal action against you. This will make it difficult to get loans in the future. You should therefore make sure that there is always money in your account at the time of payment. It is also not advisable to change the account that you use to receive your salary for the duration of the loan.
Can you trust Bayport with your information?
When to apply for a Bayport loan, you can trust that your information will be safe and secure. Whether the information is stored on a local server on a cloud server, Bayport invests highly in data security. You should also know that Bayport is an accredited financial service provider, and they hold a South African financial service provider license. You can read Bayport loans reviews online to understand more.
More on Bayport personal loans
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders