Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Understanding the Bayport loan calculator
For over a decade, Bayport has been providing South Africa with easily accessible personal loans and insurance. The company offers services that are trustworthy and it has several packages that can help you solve your financial problems.
Bayport personal loans are available to meet your general financial needs, be it buying a vehicle, starting a business, or making a home repair. To fully benefit from all these services, you have to understand the costs involved. This will help you decide the Bayport loan amount you can afford to borrow. One way of doing so is by using the Bayport personal loan calculator on this page.
What is a Bayport loan calculator?
The Bayport personal loan repayment calculator gives you an estimate of the monthly instalments you have to make after taking out a loan. When calculating the cost of a loan, the following factors are taken into account:
- Interest rate;
- Fees, including initiation fee and monthly service fees;
- Loan term;
- Loan amount; and
- Insurance if the option is available.
The Bayport loan calculator can serve two purposes:
- It can help you to fully realize the effect of the loan term and loan amount on your finances. If used well, it can potentially save you thousands of dollars,
- You can also use it to manage your current debt. Since it will give you the monthly repayment as part of the result, it will save you from taking out a loan that might interfere with existing repayments.
You should never take out a personal loan just because you are qualified for it. It is important to first calculate the cost of a loan to ensure that you can afford it.
How to use the Bayport personal loan repayment calculator
The loan calculator features 2 sliders, one for selecting your loan amount and another for selecting the repayment period. To make the selection, all you have to do is move the slider to the left or right, then press “Calculate Repayment.” The calculator will give you the monthly repayment amount for that particular amount and term. This information is very useful when it comes to the decisions you have to make as you apply for a loan.
Advantages of using the Bayport loan calculator
- You can make informed borrowing decisions;
- It will help you find out if you can afford the repayments;
- You will be able to select the best repayment period;
- It helps you avoid taking a loan that gives you trouble in the future; and
- You will know your monthly repayment upfront, therefore, no surprises.
Benefits of knowing your monthly repayment upfront
- You will know if the loan can fit your budget;
- It can help you improve your credit score since you’ll only take a loan with repayments that you can afford. That means you’re unlikely to miss any payments;
- You can quickly and easily compare loan options; and
- You can adjust the borrowing amount and get a monthly repayment result that suits your financial situation.
How will the interest rate affect my borrowing decision?
The interest rate is one of the most important pieces of information governing your loan decision. Often, people are blinded by faulty advertising. While a lower interest rate might be a good thing, it also means that repayments can carry on over an extended period.
Your decision should be made while considering both the interest rate and loan term. If the calculator gives you a good and reasonable interest rate and loan term, then it might be a good idea to go forward and take out the loan.
The Bayport loan calculator and avoiding penalties
The Bayport loan calculation might just save you from late payment penalties and excessive interests. Knowing how much you should pay each month will help you set that amount aside and make sure that it’s always available when needed.
This can also work in favour for your credit score. If you always manage to make your monthly instalments on time, it will positively impact your credit score.
Practice responsible and happy borrowing
If you qualify for a Bayport loan, this doesn’t mean you have to take out more than you need. A loan provider can look at your supporting documents and determine that you qualify for a loan. But, if you make use of a loan calculator together with your budget, you can tell if a loan will strain your budget even before you apply. It, therefore, reduces the chances of your application being declined.
You should balance the loan repayment amount you get from the loan calculator with your current financial situation. If things don’t add up, it is better to avoid taking the loan altogether.
More about Bayport loans
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders