Details about Hoopla personal loans
Hoopla is well known for offering payday loans
and instant loans. These are short term money solutions that help you survive until your next payday. Hoopla personal loans are also available, and they can be a good choice if you need to borrow more money which you can pay back over a longer period. At CompareLoans.co.za, our mission is to give South Africans the best information about loans. Our detailed article, therefore, covers everything you need to know about Hoopla personal loans and how to get one if you’re interested.
Hoopla personal loans: Should you apply?
The first thing you should know about Hoopla loans is that they are not a lender which means they don’t provide loans directly. Instead, they provide a matching service that connects you to the most suitable personal lenders in South Africa. While Hoopla payday loans are usually meant for emergencies, their personal loans can be used for almost anything. Whether you want to pay for your wedding, car, or holiday getting your loan from Hoopla offers many advantages.
Advantages of Hoopla personal loans
- You save time and effort since Hoopla connects you with many lenders all at once using advanced technology.
- Hoopla provides its service for free.
- All personal information you submit during the application process is kept safe and secure.
- Hoopla only works with trustworthy, reliable and reputable lenders that are licenced with the National Credit Regulator.
- You can apply for a Hoopla cash loan online while on your phone or computer in any place and at any time that is convenient for you.
- The loan application process takes as little as 5 minutes.
- You get flexible repayment terms that allow you to choose a longer period for paying back the loan.
- You have an 84% chance of being approved when you apply through Hoopla.
- Hoopla can help you secure a loan even if you have bad credit.
Hoopla loans calculator: How it works
Keeping the repayment options in mind when calculating your monthly payments helps you to understand how the whole process works. Our Hoopla loan calculator is easy to use, and you can quickly make an informed decision with these steps:
- Select your loan amount. With Hoopla loans, you can borrow any amount between R8001 and R250 000 for both personal loans and long term loans. Start by entering your desired amount using the first slider.
- Select your loan term. Use the second slider to enter the number of months you need to finish paying back your Hoopla loan.
- Click “Calculate Repayment.” Once you click this button, the estimated monthly repayment results will be immediately available in the comparison tables just below the calculator.
- Repeat the process. Is the result shown not a perfect fit for your budget? Use the sliders to make adjustments and click calculate again.
Hoopla personal loans – A quick summary
How much can you borrow? – From R8 001 to R20 000.
How long can you borrow for? – From 2 months to 60 months.
What is the interest rate? – It depends on the lender, but generally, interest rates start from 5% of the loan’s value.
How long does it take to receive money in your bank account? – Some lenders will give you an instant decision while others typically approve you within 4 hours during business hours.
What is a Hoopla long term loan?
Unlike short term loans and as the name suggests, a Hoopla long term loan allows you to borrow more money for a longer period. The loan amount ranges from R20 000 to R250 000, while the loan term is from 2 months to 60 months (5 years). That means you can make smaller monthly repayments to pay off the loan at a comfortable pace.
What are the rates and fees for Hoopla loans?
To give you an idea of the costs involved when taking out a Hoopla loan, let’s take a look at the following example:
Loan amount: R15 000
Loan term: 15 months (1 year, 3 months)
Initiation fee: R1197
Monthly admin fee: R68.40
Fixed interest rate per annum: 28%
Total cost of the loan: R22 717
Please note that this representative example is subject to confirmation. The actual charges and fees on your loan will vary with your loan amount, loan term, and credit history.
How do you qualify for a Hoopla personal loan?
Before you apply for a loan through Hoopla, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older;
- A South African citizen;
- Permanently employed and earning R5 000 or more;
- In some cases paperwork such as South African ID, payslips and bank statements are needed;
- Willing to have your credit checked; and
- Not under debt review.
How does the application process work?
The good news is you can make a Hoopla personal loan application while on this page. After reading the instructions just scroll to the top of the page where we have showcased Hoopla in our comparison tables. Click on the correct “Go to Site” button which takes you to Hoopla’s website. Below are the four easy steps that will allow you to get quick cash with a few clicks:
- Fill in the application form. Applying through Hoopla only takes less than 5 minutes, and you can trust Hoopla to keep all your personal information confidential and private.
- Wait while many lenders take a look at your application. Hoopla will forward your application to many lenders in just seconds so you won’t have to wait long until you get a response. In some cases, getting approved is easy, and you can get an instant message to let you know that your online loan application has been approved.
- Sign your loan contract. If your online loan application is approved, the lender will give you a loan offer which you can accept if you like the terms and conditions. To finalise the loan processing, your signature will be required.
- Receive money in your bank account. Once the loan is finalised, the cash is paid into your bank account for your immediate use. From start to finish, the whole loan application process can take a few minutes or up to a few, short days.
How do you repay your Hoopla online loan?
Hoopla has a panel of lenders that may offer different repayment methods. The most common ways of repaying your loans are via debit order, EFT, or other electronic means. Typically, your payment will be deducted from your account on the due date as specified on the loan agreement. Keep in mind that making repayments on time is important if you want to improve your credit score.
Is Hoopla loans legit?
Before you apply, it is important to remind you that Hoopla does not offer loans or any financial products. What they do is share your applications with several South African lenders. That means you have a better chance of getting approved for a loan by a lender that offers the best terms and conditions to suit your budget. Furthermore, Hoopla only works with reputable lenders that are licenced by the National Credit Regulator.
So, if you’re wondering if Hoopla loans is legit, this might give you some peace of mind. If you need more confirmation, you can always search for Hoopla reviews to hear what other customers are saying about Hoopla services. Lastly, Hoopla will never charge you anything to use their services, although some lenders they work with might require you to pay a small fee to get your application processed.
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders