Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 1 months and 10 years. Comparison interest rates vary between 6.55% and 60% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between R685.05 and R844.12 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of R20,000 for a term of 3 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Get the best RCS personal loan in South Africa
In South Africa, the good news is you have so many options to choose from if you need a personal loan. RCS Financial Services is one great option that offers you the money you need for car repairs, school expenses, or even a wedding. Still, if you want to use the personal loan for another purpose, you’re free to do so. This loan can be customised to become the perfect solution for you. For best results, let’s take a closer look at how RCS personal loans work.
What is an RCS personal loan?
This is money you borrow from RCS at a competitive cost (interest rate). You are given a period of time to pay back the money, and typically payments are made monthly. No security is required, and interest rates are fixed. The following terms have also been explained to help you better understand personal loans:
- Loan term – The number of months you have to pay back the loan.
- Monthly repayment – The amount you pay back towards your loan each month, inclusive of interest and other charges.
- Loan insurance – Insurance that covers your payments if you can no longer make your monthly repayments due to death illness or disability.
- Loan contract – This is a signed agreement between you and RCS. It contains the terms and conditions of the personal loan and how to pay it back.
Features of RCS Personal loans
- Minimum loan amount: R2000
- Maximum loan amount: R250 000
- Minimum loan term: 1 year
- Maximum loan term: 5 years
- Interest Rate: As low as 15% up to a maximum of 24.50%
You’ll also get the following when you take out the personal loan:
- A convenient online application process;
- You will know if your loan has been approved within seconds;
- When the loan is approved, cash is sent to your bank account within 24 hours;
- Free monthly notifications about your loan via email or SMS; and
- Customer Protection Insurance in case of death, disability, or illness.
What are the requirements for an RCS loan application?
- Be a South African citizen and a holder of a South African ID;
- Be above the age of 18 years;
- Have an active South African bank account in your name;
- Be employed, earning at least R2000; and
- Provide proof of income, such as valid bank statements and payslips for the last 3 months.
What is the RCS interest rate for personal loans?
RCS charges interest rates that are as low as 15%. The interest rate you get on your loan depends on your personal risk profile. Basically, RCS considers your credit score to decide if it’s safe to approve your application. If you have a high credit score, you will most likely get a lower interest rate. In any case, the RCS interest rate for personal loans will never go above the 24.5% stipulated by the National Credit Act.
Use the RCS loans calculator to find a monthly payment you can afford
The RCS loans calculator uses the information you enter about your loan amount and term to calculate the estimated monthly repayments. This is important because these payments will affect your monthly budget as soon as you start paying back your loan. You might need to give the calculator a few tries before finding the best result. However, it’s a fast process, and you can make a smart decision within minutes!
How to make an RCS online loan application
At CompareLoans we fully support you in making informed decisions when it comes to taking out a loan. In our comparison tables, you’ll be able to view important information about the loan. This includes the repayment period, monthly repayment, and percentage rate for your chosen loan amount. If this all looks good and you’re ready to make your RCS loan application, simply click the “Go to Site” button.
You’ll be able to visit the RCS website where you fill a short application form with personal details such as your email address, cell phone number, and gross monthly salary. Once you submit the form RCS will call you back.
How to use RCS personal loans in South Africa
Once the money from your personal loans gets into your account, you’re free to use it for anything you like. Common reasons why people apply with RCS include:
How to pay back your personal loan
For your loan repayments, RCS uses your banking information to set up a debit order. This will enable them to make a monthly deduction from your bank each time your payment is due.
A debit order is quite convenient because you don’t have to remember to make payments or visit a physical branch. Once it is set up, the money will be taken automatically from your account, and this requires no effort from your side. This arrangement continues until you have fully repaid your loan. If you’re unable to make repayments at any time, it is best to contact RCS quickly to discuss a way forward.
Can you get RCS loans for the blacklisted?
A good credit score and a positive credit history give you an advantage when applying for an RCS personal loan. It shows the lender that you’re a responsible borrower who can be trusted to repay their debts. Although RCS loans for the blacklisted are available, they might have a higher interest rate because of the high risk involved.
In such cases, RCS might look at other factors to determine if you will be able to afford the loan. For example, they will consider your current income and expenses to decide whether giving you a loan is safe.
Advantages of RCS loans
- Flexible payment terms;
- Competitive interest rates;
- There is customer protection insurance available;
- RCS is a registered and reputable financial services provider, and your personal information is safe; and
- Fixed interest rate and monthly repayment amount, so you always know how to plan ahead financially each month.
About RCS banking app
Popular personal loans searches
View all lenders